The word "jam"comes from the Galician-Portuguese language marmelada which means "quince jam" (quince is said marmelo in Galician and Portuguese), and this in turn from the Latin melimelum (a type of apple) which has its origin in the Greek melimelon. Throughout history the jam has had various applications, not only in food, but also in medicine, therapy, navigation and even engineering.
But well, in this post we will focus on the food part of this "fruit paste" of a thousand and one different combinations to taste.
As we have said the applications are many, although most people associate fruit jam with breakfast, toast, butter and coffee. Many caterers and confectioners have jam as their main raw material. With it they elaborate cakes, filled sponge cakes, cookies, cupcakes, cupcakes, etc.
Products in which we can find fruit jam
As we have said the applications are many, although most people associate fruit jam with breakfast, toast, butter and coffee. Many caterers and confectioners have jam as their main raw material. With it they elaborate cakes, filled sponge cakes, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, puff pastries, buns, doughnuts, etc.
For each sweet or dessert there is a "special jam" either for its color, texture, nutritional table or processing treatment ( oven jam ).
For special fruit jams for baking, of course they are applied to all those products that we are going to apply heat in its elaboration, in that way we will avoid that our jam does not diminish, dilute or lose flavor. That is why in Francisco Moreno we investigate every day in our laboratories the different all these applications, submitting each one to different thermal and specific tests.
Why add fruit jam to your catering or confectionery business?
Nowadays, jam is almost synonymous with breakfast, and we can see it in different types of breakfast:
- Continental breakfast: Buffets include toast, cheese, cold meats, fried eggs, cereals, yogurts, etc.
- English breakfast: This breakfast usually consists of fried eggs, beans, mushrooms, small sausages and grilled tomato. It also includes toast, coffee or tea and juice.
- American breakfast: The American breakfast usually consists of two eggs, bacon, bacon, small sausage, pancakes and maple sauce. This also includes toast, coffee or tea and juice. Cereal is also available with milk.
- Continental breakfast: This breakfast usually consists of toast, jam, coffee or tea and juice. In its most abundant version, it can also include hot dishes such as scrambled eggs, sausages and milk soups.
- Viennese breakfast: This type of breakfast usually consists of boiled eggs in a glass, bread rolls, a meat dish, jam or honey, and coffee with cream or tea, juice or water.
Also in some hotels in their buffets you can find breakfasts in which you can cook them to your liking. Hot and cold dishes and fruit.
The best fruit marmalade is made in Calahorra
In Francisco Moreno we have been collecting the best seasonal fruit in the market for more than a century. Being a fundamental step for our jams are the best on the market. Being masters in canned fruit and fruit in syrup such as strawberry, apricot, plum, peach, raspberry ... are some of our specialties. In this way our customers have more possibilities when creating their desserts and varieties in their establishments.
Many jams contain more sugars and added products that mask its flavor (low percentage of fruit) knowing that what really matters is the fruit. In F.Moreno we value above all the flavor of our products, either in the manufacture of jam, as in our candied fruit.
If you have any questions about our jams, production system or quality, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help you.